Sr. Business Analyst
Location: Hybrid, Onsite
Type: Full Time
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 4+ of business analyst experience in a work environment
- 4+ year experience with Scrum/Agile development methodologies and release process
- Extensive experience with Jira or equivalent tool
- Extensive experience with Confluence or equivalent tool
- Extensive experience working closely with developers and qa
- Ability to create user stories with clear and concise acceptance criteria
- Ability to create release notes based on completed sprint work ready to be released
- Ability to create low fidelity mockup designs when necessary
- Proven success and experience in a Business Analyst role.
- Experience in creating and understanding complex workflows.
- Strong analytical ability, and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and accuracy.
- High level sense of ownership and accountability.
- Ability to communicate clearly both verbally and via collaboration tools.
- Ability to work well both in a team setting and independently.
- Strong collaboration with engineering team to assist with design, development, testing, an deployment of high-quality software
- Demonstrated initiative in mastering existing products and applications.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-driven
- Proven success using collaboration tools like Slack, Teams and Zoom to more effectively
communicate and work together
JOB SUMMARY & OUTCOME
- Directly reports to the VP of Technology.
- The Business Analyst’s primary function is to manage backlogs for TrustBridge’s suite of software applications and provide support to the Product Manager(s).
- Ensure Epics, Stories and Bugs accurately represent the changes that are required of the Development team
- Validate bugs reported in production and prioritize accordingly.
- Assisting in documenting and defining the vision of new projects.
- Ensure end users are satisfied with the quality and functionality of the application features and workflows
- Technical accountability for application stability and performance, including being on call in
case of system outage
- Efficient and Effective product backlog management. The outcome is clearly defined and groomed epics/user stories for 2+ sprint ahead
- Continuously prioritize based on business priorities, stakeholders, and prospect needs. The outcome is a stable roadmap based on input from all stakeholders
- Integrate with the SCRUM team ensuring the sprint work is identified, defined, and organized for upcoming projects. The outcome is clarity and minimal scope changes for projects the
team is working on thereby limiting the need for rework, scope creep and refactoring.
- Collaborate with Development and IT on defining system performance and design needs. The
outcome is a well performing application that meets the needs of our stakeholders and
- Drive to attain robust application documentation for internal and external stakeholder reference. The outcome is access to easily consumable documentation that describes and illustrates how the application works and its intended use which will reduce questions or misuse of the application Communicate regularly with leadership and stakeholders on release accomplishments and upcoming projects/initiatives. The outcome is leadership and stakeholder a regularly updated on what projects are in progress and planned.
WORK ENVIRONMENT & REQUIREMENTS
- Open to working during European and US Eastern Time work hours.
- Most of the work is computer based.
- Ability to communicate and exchange information, collect, compile, and prepare work
documents, as well as set up and maintain work files.
- Ability to work more than 8 hours per day, as needed; ability to handle pressure during peak
periods during the year, availability to handle issues outside of normal working hours.
- Benefits include paid time off, paid holidays, and annual bonus. May also include employer
contributions to health insurance and retirement benefits.